Thursday 30 October 2014

Me? A 'queen'?

At a recent poetry reading in Wolverhampton I bumped into the very well-respected poet Jane Seabourne. She is the author of Bright Morning which is one of the top ten poetry books recommended by Poetry on Loan.
I asked her to sign my copy of Bright Morning. She had heard me recite my poetry before and read a couple of my works. I was really humbled when she wrote these words for me.

It is very humbling when somebody praises my works but for a well-respected poet to actually tagged me as "The queen of images" it's a different story! It's very overwhelming!
I am very thankful. These kind words just make me want to improve my writing even more!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying to the Philippines

I was quite anxious flying back to the Philippines for my AIDF programme. It was my first time flying alone and I'm not too keen on plan...