Saturday 2 December 2017

Flying to the Philippines

I was quite anxious flying back to the Philippines for my AIDF programme. It was my first time flying alone and I'm not too keen on planes, to be honest! Also, I have always relied on my partner to ensure everything is okay for the departure and this journey really tested and honed my organisation skills!

The flight itself was extremely tiring. I had to take 2 planes: 1st was from Birmingham to Dubai (+3 hours waiting) and then from Dubai to Birmingham.

I drafted my first poem on this travel whilst I was waiting for my Dubai-Manila flight. Later on, my mentor, Marjorie Evasco looked at this poem and thought this could be my Ars Vita poem (though it still needs a lot of work!)

I reached Manila at around 4pm, local time, where I was picked up by my cousin. Even though we haven't seen each other for years, she still cares about me and wanted to ensure that I could get to my hotel safely. I guess it's in the Filipino culture to always treasure that invisible 'connection' with your relatives. I guess she really cared about me and getting her pasalubong (gifts from abroad). LOL.


Now it's time to write some foody poems. Here's the first breakfast I had since landing on the PH












No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying to the Philippines

I was quite anxious flying back to the Philippines for my AIDF programme. It was my first time flying alone and I'm not too keen on plan...