Sunday 23 July 2017

Rice & Rain poetry pamphlet

Only two weeks to go before my debut poetry pamphlet is officially out from V. Press.
 
But I'll let you take a peek at how it looks like (on the outside)

 

 
So, what is Rice & Rain about? It is a snippet of my journey and identity. It's about distant homelands, culture, and human connections. However, if you really want to find out more about it, I feel that my endorsers, Jane Commane and Jane Seabourne describe it best. Read their comments HERE
 
 
 
I'm thankful to Ruth Stacey for its beautiful cover. Sarah, my editor, asked me if I had an idea of what kind of design cover I'd like. I wanted something to do with "stalks of rice" and Ruth really captured this idea. Looking at it now, this reminds me of the Filipino proverb my mum used to tell me:
"Parisan ang palay, habang nagkakalaman ay lalong nagpupugay"
It translates to something like: Be like a rice stalk, the more grains it bears, the lower it bows.
 
I will forever be humble and grateful to everyone who helped me reached this point of my career as a poet.
 ****Thank you, everyone + to the lovely people in my Acknowledgement***
 
Oh, and the best thing is you can now pre-order your copy HERE. Please do, it will be worth it :)


a poster of Philippine rice terraces as a background :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying to the Philippines

I was quite anxious flying back to the Philippines for my AIDF programme. It was my first time flying alone and I'm not too keen on plan...